• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Order in Sketch

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing some of my fav Ps brush sets into sketch the name order in the app is all over the map. Not alphabetical or grouped by name at all. Am I missing something? Is listing them in the order that each brush was actually imported?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Hi HeyMonkeyDesign.

Yes. Right now it's as imported which, as you've noticed, is pretty random. I suspect that a future version of Ps brush import will include the ability to manage/organize brushes.

One thing that might help: It is possible to delete brushes, either through the Libraries tab in the Creative Cloud Mobile App or by logging in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries. (Just remember, the deletion will be permanent if you delete the entire library; if you go

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HeyMonkeyDesign.

Yes. Right now it's as imported which, as you've noticed, is pretty random. I suspect that a future version of Ps brush import will include the ability to manage/organize brushes.

One thing that might help: It is possible to delete brushes, either through the Libraries tab in the Creative Cloud Mobile App or by logging in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries. (Just remember, the deletion will be permanent if you delete the entire library; if you go into the library it's possible to Archive (then later Delete) a brush at a time.)

I hope that helps a little.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sure hope it is soon. Honestly, it is disappointing that it just dumps them in there. Makes no sense at all really. Where can I go to be a bit louder to see if this can be added in soon?  Thanks for looking into this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HeyMonkeyDesign.

Pretty much all requests go through me at some point so.... it's my responsibility to get them to the product team. I just don't know where brush management falls on the list of priorities for Sketch development, but I'll make sure the team hears the request.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sue,
Thanks for your helpful responses. I also support the idea of allowing the user to reorganize the order of imported brushes.

Warm regards,

Cher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also support the idea of allowing the user to reorganize the order of imported brushes. When PS offers brush sets that can sometimes be massive, Kyle Webster's amazing brush collections for example. Let the user be able to select certain brushes from a collection for import, or import the whole collection then delete what they don't want/ need. Or, even better, allow the user to set apart what they use from what they don't.

Some sort of ability for a system of organization is a must, be it before the import or after the import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Bee227.

The Sketch team knows that brush management is important, so it should eventually make it to a future version of the app.

In the meantime, have you ever tried dragging individual brushes into a library in the Libraries panel in PS CC? It's the best way to bring in only the brushes you're sure you're going to use (Kyle's MegaPack has 430 brushes), and you can create individual libraries for each brush type you bring in.

I'll share your request with the Sketch team, but check that out if you haven't already.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines