• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC does not recognise updated camera raw 9.10.1?

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have updated from Lightroom 5 to a photography plan and downloaded Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC. According to the Creative Cloud App I seem to have the most recent versions. When I check in Lightroom CC's 'System Info' it says version/build 1014445 - I wonder whether this corresponds to Lightroom CC 2015.10.1?

While camera raw 9.10.1 works fine in Photoshop, Lightroom does not seem to make use of it - I can not open my Sony ILCE-9 raw files? This was the whole point of updating ........... what's wrong here, why does it not work? With an 'updater' like Creative Cloud App such an issue should never occur!

I use Mac OS 10.12.5 on a MacBook Pro with TouchBar late 2016.

Appreciate any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

What you have installed is the initial version of Lightroom installed. You need to download the latest lightroom up date. After download of the update patch run the installer to update, you do not need to uninstall the version you have installed.

See this link for the download of the update and further information.

Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have installed is the initial version of Lightroom installed. You need to download the latest lightroom up date. After download of the update patch run the installer to update, you do not need to uninstall the version you have installed.

See this link for the download of the update and further information.

Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you - I figured (a bit counterintuitive that it does not automatically download the most recent version - why would it not do this??) ...

But ...

when I am in Lightroom  Help>Updates is disabled, same thing in the Creative Cloud App Settings>Check for App Updates is disabled. So I went to the link you suggested and tried logging in and out, even de- and re-installing, finally I downloaded the update for 2015.10.1 as a dmg and launched AdobePatchInstaller .... well, then I get ...

Update Failed

Please contact your Administrator if you wish to apply updates on your machine. Updates have been suppressed by the Administrator.

If the problem persists, contact customer support for further assistance.

I did contact customer support, which told me they can't help me and I have to go to the forums...  I'm logged in as administrator, so I don't understand why the update would be suppressed - ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working on a computer provided by your company? Some companies will disable certain features of the software because they don't want users to be downloading software without approval.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no, it is my personal one and I am the administrator - all the more puzzling....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera Raw update is only used by Photoshop. Lightroom has its own version of this built in to the program. My version of LR CC 2015.10.1 is numbered 1117303, so you don't seem to have the latest update of LR. Use the CC Desktop to update it.

PS I'm using Win10 so if you are on Mac, I suppose it may have a different number.

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Bob, this is what I have been trying to do, but this is exactly the issue - it does not let me update it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines