• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No longer able to constrain proportions of bounding box when dragging

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I just installed InDesign CC on my 2017 macbook pro, and I can no longer constrain proportions of a bounding box (for text or photos) by pressing the command+shift key (or option+shift). I've tried some of the fixes I've read about here, including turning off smart guides and rebooting my system. Any ideas on what to do? I use this feature constantly. Thank you!

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum by a moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danny ,

If resetting the preferences does not help, please check if you have any conflicting app (plugin, anti-virus, etc) installed? If yes, disable it and then check.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good way to look for conflicting apps and plugins is to restart your computer. Launch InDesign first before any startup apps, web browsers, etc.

Then observe carefully as you launch new applications to see which is causing the problem. For example, Chrome extensions/plugins can cause that conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried resetting my preferences by holding down Shft+Ctrl+Opt+Cmmd all at the same time when starting InDesign, but nothing  happened. I tried this half a dozen times. It started as normal--no prompt to reset preferences or anything. There is also no way that I can find within preferences to reset them manually.

I also tried starting InDesign without any other apps open, and it's still the same thing.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a second method to reset your preferences in the document John provided. Scroll down a little bit to locate the instructions to delete (or rename) InDesign SavedData and InDesign Defaults.

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines