• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code an email signature

Participant ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I a just got my MA degree and I am trying to start asking for jobs. I would like to have a personalized HTML signature in my email. I am not related to coding, but I was hoping to find a tutorial that explains how to code a simple signature for my email. I am aware of those tutorials that help you to include an html signature in your email, but what I am trying to learn is how to code the signature (not how to place it in my email account).

Thanks so much.

Bruno

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you want this signature to look like?

Most email software allows you to create your own signature. In what way does yours not let you do what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to locate the logo in a particular way and load the image (logo) from a url.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Externally referenced images will typically show something like "Right Click to Download Images" rather than the image itself, due to the default security settings in most email clients.

Even if you were to get your signature laid out perfectly, using an external reference for the image will break your design for anyone using default or higher security settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon. Do you recommend me to use the built-in system of Apple Mail and avoid coding?

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

The chances of your images showing correctly when using the signature function of the email client is much, much greater than attempting to host the image on a server. Though it's still no guarantee that some setting in the recipient's email client won't knock the images out of the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm with Jon. You should never count on images in email of any kind. Too many places just strip them out for security reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines