• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aminating with the brush tool on top of photos in photoshop.

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have taken a series of photos that play as a stop motion I have imported them on to the photoshop animation timeline. I want to be able to draw and  animate on top of them using the brush tool, however once I have drawn on one frame when I move on to the next I can't see what I have drawn on the previous frame. Can anybody help with a step by step guide as to how I would do this ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to just use the previous layer as a reference? Could select it (using the Move Tool) and pressing 1 through 0 to select varying levels of opacity. Otherwise, you could just select the frames in the Timeline window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming from your description that this is a frame animation.

When you go to the timeline in a frame animation and click on a particular frame, the layers panel will have the visibility icon (eye symbol) switched on for the layers being shown in that frame. You can change which layers are shown in that frame clicking on the visibility icons in the layers panel to turn them on and off.

Note if you want a layer to be repeated in multiple frames - select all the relevant frames (by shift clicking in the timeline) then switch that layer on in the layers panel. It will appear in all those frames.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually I've just re-read the first question and can add:

Draw with the brush tool on a new empty layer for each frame. That way you can turn on the relevant photo layer and the relevant brushed layer  for each frame. Also you can temorarily turn on the last brushed layer as a reference whilst painting the next frame.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines