• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening an encrypted/password protected doc on iOS app.

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  secure doc on my mac laptop and want to read it on my iPhone. In doc cloud its says file is not readable. Any suggestions?

Ultimately I was to create a secure/encrypted pdf that I can share with one other person, but allow both of us to access it on our iphones.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try sending it to the Acrobat Reader app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. It's a 75MB doc and I get a error message saying some feature of doc not supporated by this version of acrobat reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to FAQ | Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app "Can I open password-protected and encrypted files with the Acrobat Reader mobile app?" this should work if you set ordinary password security. What security options do you set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chose the encrypted and password protected option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the document have anything else unusual about it. Multimedia? Form fields? Anything other than just plain text and pictures on the page?

Also, try with a new simple small sample file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has some tables in it, photos, but mostly text. I'll try a simple file and see what is causing the issue...thats a good idea. thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the latest version of Acrobat Reader for iOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded this week so I hope its the latest. its not on my list of updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried simple file with same result. app features not supported by this version.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines