• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: unbalanced unlock. (7::40) can't do anything work wasn't saved please help.

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects error: unbalanced unlock. (7::40) can't do anything work wasn't saved please help.

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum by a moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

The workaround has been discussed here:

unbalanced unlock ( 7 :: 40 )

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say, "work wasn't saved", do you mean you never saved that project or that you worked for a while without saving, but the project had previously been saved?

That is to say, is there a chance that you have an autosave of your file?

Also, what, exact, version of AE are you using? What OS? What happened when you got the error message? What were you doing when it happened?

Also, check out this thread: unbalanced unlock ( 7 :: 40 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vadimp,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround has been discussed here:

unbalanced unlock ( 7 :: 40 )

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solution did not work for me. I'm still currently experiencing it, although I'm able to save after I hit OK. But if I so much as move the playhead on the timeline it pops up again. I'm running in a large sequence 7000x750, but just trying to place regular jpeg images in the frame. So far there are...8. Nothing majorly taxing. I've a robust 2013 Mac Pro, 32GB RAM, macOS High Sierra.

I do have some reszie expressions on two of the photos to conform their height to 750. It was making things act sluggishly, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines