• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jerky video in full screen PE 14

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am a newbie here. Please use small words. 

I have finally finished editing (re-editing) my first project. The video plays perfectly on the timeline. When I press the button to go to full-screen, the video immediately becomes jerky and choppy. Back in the timeline view, everything is perfect again, sound, video, perfect.

I am on a Windows 10 32-bit system. (I don't even know what those things mean.) It is a newly downloaded Premiere Elements 14, and it's my first project. It has been rendered several times and is still jerky in full screen. There is no error message.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your 32-bit operating system is certainly going to limit your performance. But that said:

Which processor do you have with how much RAM?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what is the video's format and resolution?

What are your project settings, as listed under the Edit menu, under Project Settings/General?

Do you see a change if you render your timeline (press Enter) whenever you see a yellow orange "render" line above the clips on your timeline?

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Steve,

I apologize in advance; I don't know what most of those words mean.

I am googling terminology. Is "processor" another word for "computer?" It's an HP...thing. Not new and not newer, but it's workin' great!

Ooh, how about this:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU   Q8200 @ 2.33GHz  2.33GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00GB (3.46GB usable)

System Type: 32-bit Operating System, x-64 based processor

Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch is available for this display

Cool! Okay, will it come out jerky if I upload it to YouTube? I can personally handle a full-screen jerky, but does the project itself needs some fixin'?

Camcorder: I have a HD 24.0 Mega Pixels 16:9 LCD Panel CMOS sensor HD output Kingear Night Vision camcorder.

And yes, there is a change in the colored line across the film, yellow, orange, green.

I did also just receive an automated notice from Microsoft to update my "generic driver."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your processor is a bit slow for running Premiere Elements -- but you may be able to do some basic editing if your project settings match your video specs. Is you say that, when you add your video to your timeline, you see a "render" line over the video before you add any effects to it, then your project is NOT set up properly, which is not allowing the program to work at its max efficiency.

For instance, I believe your camcorder shoots in 1080p, yet your project is set up for 1080i.

You still haven't told us what format your video is being saved as (AVI, MOV, MP4), but that is significant, and we won't be able to advise you how to proceed unless you can provide us that information.

In fact, even better if you download the free program MediaInfo and open a clip of your camcorder's video in it. Go to the program's View menu and set it to Tree, then copy the information is lists and pastes it to this forum. That will tell us what we'll need to know in order to advise you how to proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great recommendation about MediaInfo, because I have no idea what these things mean:

Sorry it's so tiny: I also could not quite enlarge it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video is an MJPEG-AVI, a primitive video format used by some still cameras.

It's been years since I've edit MJPEGs, so I'll have to defer to another user for recommendations on how to work with it.

One option is to of course convert the file into a more editable format. But there may also be a simple way to install the codec on your computer.

Do you have Quicktime 7 installed on your computer, per the program's requirements?

QuickTime 7.6 for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I have QuickTime 7.7.9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've said, you're not going to fully resolve your issue because your computer has a marginal processor. But...

I've found my program can edit a wider range of video formats when I install the K-Lite Codec Pack. It's the only one I've used and the other codec pack I would recommend.

But there are risks to installing codec packs. (They may overwrite existing codecs on your computer.) And others will likely recommend against installing any codec packs at all -- so you may want to see if Ann or someone chimes in with her thoughts.

That said, you can download the Mega K-Lite Codec Pack absolutely free from this site.

https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is too complicated and too risky an endeavor for me. There has to be an easier solution.

Why did you ask if I have QuickTime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quicktime installs a number of important components and codecs. Apparently not the one you need though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QuickTime may (or may not) have had the stuff I needed. When you mentioned it, I opened it and it had to be upgraded. Although the video was still jerky in full screen, I uploaded to YouTube anyway. How does this play on your side?

https://youtu.be/I2U1jlhFFh0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't think that your computer will work well with Premiere Elements 14 without hardware upgrades.

You may want to consider saving up for a new computer and possibly even the newest version of Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earning enough to be able to save for a purchase like a computer is not a privilege that everyone enjoys. Thanks, though, Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks good and plays smoothly for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesomeness!! I got the answer from you.

Even though it wasn't playing properly, I tried to upload it to YouTube anyway just in case. It would load almost until the end, and then I got an error message. I looked it up in the forum, and you had told another 'Tuber how to bypass the upload by downloading it first. I did that, and that's the video you see. Smoothly. 

I now must find that post again and mark it as the correct response. I dunno know what it means, but you get points for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines