• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashing when choosing font

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I ran the available updates yesterday and this morning InDesign crashes every time I try to change a font, any font! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Try trashing your InDesign preferences:

Close InDesign. Then hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and relaunch InDesign. Respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing your InDesign preferences:

Close InDesign. Then hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and relaunch InDesign. Respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with crashing when trying to change fonts, and trashing my InDesign preferences has not helped. It does not crash every time I change a font but crashes at least a few times per day. Any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Derek. I'm using InDesign CC 2018 (13.0.1) on MacOS High Sierra (10.13.3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. My Mac Mini is running Sonoma 14.2.1 and InDesign 2024. Application crashes when I change fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I upgraded to Sanoma my InDesign 2024 crashes whenever I try and change the font, but only when I do it through the top menu bar: Type >> Font >> (any chosen font crashes the program).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start a new discussion, please. This is very old and I'm going to lock it to avoid any further confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the crash.

Can you let us know the version of InDesign and the OS?

Did you try deleting cache and preferences? Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

If it is fine, can you please mail me your document along with the steps that would help me reproduce the issue.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why have you just repeated what I'd posted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek, that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same crashing issue here when selecting fonts. Typically at least once a day. Very random so can't really duplicate the issue.

Trashing prefs does not seem to help.

ID 13.0.1

Font Book 8.0 (313)

MacOS 10.13.3

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

I do submit crash reports to both Adobe and Apple each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here: iMac 2009 8gb ram / 512gb ssd, Mac OS Yosemite, ID 2017.1

- deleted caches

- disabled Enhanced Text options

- removed damaged fonts

- rebuilt the document via IDML file type

- runned it in Safe Mode

No way (Was ok in 2017.0, btw)...

The overall system looks in good conditions. No other app or utility crashes.

Please help! We're editing a 56 pages Tabloid magazine twice a month and it's a drama.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will help or even if this would stop crashes but as a temporary fix if you save the file as IDML file and then work on that.

I have had a similar issue with crashes and have reset preferences and its done it again when changing font so trying the above now to see if that stops it.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here, it does it at the exact point that I'm about to change a certain word in a paragraph of text.  I've tried deleting preferences, using a different version of ID, everything.

Using Mojave, ID CC 2018 and 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have my InDesign 2024 crashes when I change fonts. This happens after I update the OS of my Mac Mini to Sonoma 14.2.1. This is very annoying. Adobe must solve the problem immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines