Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign / Interactive PDF – Links in pop-up boxes (nested links) not working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. I am creating an interactive PDF using Adobe Indesign CC. I am creating pop up boxes and I require to have links with in these pop-up boxes. However when I export (using Interactive PDF) the links don't work. They work outwith the pop-up box. Is it possible to create a link in a pop-up box? If so can someone kindly advise how, ideally in Indesign?

Many thanks,

Simon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

I had the same problem Simon, but the customer insisted I try and find a solution. The only way that I could get a link in a pop-up box to work was to add it later in Acrobat. Not ideal but it did work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this blog: It's okay to say no to interactive PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek. Read the post. It's not sounding good for what I want to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly are you creating these "pop up boxes?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

I create a box that when clicked brings up the pop-up. I create this in Indesign using the Interactive field, using buttons etc. Going by the previous comment I don't think what I am asking is achievable. Are you able to advise a solution?

Many thanks,

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem Simon, but the customer insisted I try and find a solution. The only way that I could get a link in a pop-up box to work was to add it later in Acrobat. Not ideal but it did work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers. That does sound like the best solution. It's a big doc so it's gonna take some time.

Much appreciated for everyones help.

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was certainly a pain to do, fortunately I only had about a dozen links. I explained that I would only do it at the very last stage, otherwise with every proof PDF you'd have to re-do them. I can't think of any other way to do it. Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers. 17 links so not to bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines