• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

struggling to import illustrator files into after effects [Was :Help please !!!]

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I have several art boards in one ai file and have saved then as separate projects. I have separated the layers in each separated illustrator project and exported it as an ai file. I am struggling to import illustrator files into after effects...Firstly it doesn't import them as separated layers to animate and second it doesn't open the file I saved it as. It opens the same project every time even if I import a different ai project altogether. On import I tick the composition retain layer sizes option ...

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very hard to decipher what's going on from this description.  Is it possible to post a copy of the Illustrator file in question?  I'm happy to assess it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew

artboards.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't how to post the pics and write...The above pic is the different art boards I separated into saved as single ai projects.

Below is a one of the single projects I have saved from the above large ai file aboveseparated art.PNG

As you can see I have separated all the art work onto their own separate layer. As you can see I have all the separated and importing the exact project saved from ai.

after effects import.PNG

Below is a pic from what is imported into after effects and as you can see it isn't the same project and even I I try to import a different project I get the same project importedimport different project.PNG

Any help will be appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell for sure from the screen grabs, but it looks like AE is assuming this is 30 frames of an animation. I think it is bringing in all of your files, but creating a sequence that has each file as 1 frame of the sequence. When you do the import did you select "footage" or "file"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

I chose file and chose the "compistion retain layer sizes" option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have illustrator/PDF/EPS turned on at the bottom of the import dialog box in the above image. Uncheck it and your files will import at separate source footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Katie is correct.  Uncheck the box indicated with the arrow below.  When it is checked, rather than import it as a still image, it is importing all your images as a sequential video animation.

Screenshot 2017-07-12 14.47.03.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi siraajl,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines