• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstalled Premiere Elements 12

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reinstalling PE 12.1, I can't open projects.  I get a message that the file type is not supported or required codec not installed.  What is the next step?  I couldn't find anything about downloading codecs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Yesterday, the .prel file would open and the clips would show on the timeline, but couldn't be played. The multicolored notice about being offline would appear. Today, I can open the project and Pre EL 12 recognizes the clips.

Many thanks for your help. I have a lot of work to get everything bacl in the right place and accessible, but your solution works. I will mark the problem solved after I log into Adobe. Thanks again.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are missing codecs, you can try installing the trial of Premiere Elements 15.  It may install the missing codecs and they will remain on your system after uninstalling the trial.

Download Adobe Premiere Elements 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will try that.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sad to say that the suggestion didn't solve the problem. Do you have any other suggestions?

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the project file that is not opening?  If so, what is the file extension?

If the project opens, but won't open the media, what is the media file extension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project file extension is .prel.

The media files are MPG .

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it is the .prel file that won't open?

Can you open Pre El and start a new project?

Can you open the project from within Pre El?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, the .prel file would open and the clips would show on the timeline, but couldn't be played. The multicolored notice about being offline would appear. Today, I can open the project and Pre EL 12 recognizes the clips.

Many thanks for your help. I have a lot of work to get everything bacl in the right place and accessible, but your solution works. I will mark the problem solved after I log into Adobe. Thanks again.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you've got it resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines