• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign won't launch. (no error message)

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

A few days ago my InDesign was working just fine, but now I cannot open it for some reason. I try to launch the app and my mouse turns into the one with a loading circle next to it and disappears after a few seconds, but nothing happens after that. I check my task manager and I see that Indesign is there as a background process and disappears later on with nothing happening. I tried reinstalling it and I encountered a problem that has the error code 184. I did all the solutions to that and managed to install it again, but it's literally doing the same problem that I initially had so I have no idea what to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alamsas,

Please try to reset InDesign preferences to defaults.

For details click here Set preferences in Adobe InDesign

If it still does not work please revert with some details like :

Operating System(Exact version of Windows and MAC)

Exact version of InDesign.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried that solution myself and deleted the files manually in their respective folder locations. I even contacted chat support and they even tried reinstalling it themselves and restarting the computer in safe mode yet nothing worked.

The OS I have is Windows 10 and the current version of Id is CC 2017 version 12.1.0.

What bothers me is if I can't tell if the program is really at fault since there's no error at all. It's just unresponsive. I tried other programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator and they launch properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling Photoshop, using the drop-down in the Creative Cloud app (see screen shot below), then run the Adobe Cleaner Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems  before reinstalling Photoshop.

Photoshop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alamsas,

Please check event viewer , do you see any error related to InDesign ?

If yes, please share the crash logs

event-viewer.png

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Here's what I gathered from it.

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 12.1.0.56, time stamp: 0x58c988ec

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x5825887f

Exception code: 0xc0000006

Fault offset: 0x00000000000496e9

Faulting process id: 0x3b30

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2fa73dc9a2c16

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC 2017\InDesign.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 07f9e17d-8913-4530-9948-f43ff5d5888e

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

EDIT:

There seems to be another error that comes with it and it's this.

Windows cannot access the file C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.9247_none_08e394a1a83e212f\msvcp90.dll for one      of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the      disk is missing. Windows closed the program Adobe InDesign CC 2017 because of this error.

Program: Adobe InDesign CC 2017
     File: C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.9247_none_08e394a1a83e212f\msvcp90.dll

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
     User Action
     1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
     2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
      - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
      - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
     3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type      CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
     4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
     5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer      hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
     Error value: C000009C
     Disk type: 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines