• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table header bug - mid-row headers

Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have submitted a bug report, but wanted to see if this is a real bug, or something else.

InDesign 2017.1

Mac OS 10.10.5

1.  Create table with a header row

2.  Create an object with text wrap set to jump object

3.  Drag the object with wrap over the middle of the table, and then away.

Result: If this object is dragged over the table, an instance of the header row will appear above it, and will not disappear when the object with wrap is moved away. (The header persists when the page is printed, so it's not just a display error)

I can get rid of the row by moving the wrap object over the top row of the table, and then removing it

Screenshot 2017-07-11 12.47.37.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Hi Susan,

Yes I can confirm this as a bug, and I tried on Windows with CC 2017.1 and CC 2017.0

Unfortunately it does not get fixed even with the plugin that Steve mentioned about.

The workaround again is to trigger text re-composition inside the table by either resizing the frame or adding some text in table cells.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a table bug in CC 2017.1. Apparently there's a fix. Check this out (#18):

Bugs in InDesign 2017.1: tables and overprint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve

Thanks for this -

I ran the fix, and it took care of the other much-disussed issue (header rows disappearing when copied), but the issue I was addressing here (with an extra row appearing with a tex-wrap object, and not going away when the object is removed) remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Susan,

Yes I can confirm this as a bug, and I tried on Windows with CC 2017.1 and CC 2017.0

Unfortunately it does not get fixed even with the plugin that Steve mentioned about.

The workaround again is to trigger text re-composition inside the table by either resizing the frame or adding some text in table cells.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines