Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bezier handles are gone

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am editing a property -- Position -- in the Graph Editor. It's the position of a Repeater's transform. For whatever reason, I can add easy-ease to the motion's keyframes, but there are no Bezier handle on the keyframes themselves. The option to separate the x and y components is greyed out (both the button on the bottom and the option in the right-click menu), and I have unchecked "Use Linear Vertex Paths" under Mask Interpolation. Even using the Convert Vertex tool does not work. I have read up on this in the forums, and maybe there's a solution, but those things I listed were the only bits I could find that might have helped, and none worked (unless of course I missed something, which is entirely possible; it's Tuesday, after all, and I never could get the hang of Tuesdays).

How do I get handles so I can edit this?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017
there are no Bezier handle on the keyframes themselves. The option to separate the x and y components is greyed out

position keyframes don't get bezier handles unless you separate them and you can't separate any property other than transform position of the layer.

I have unchecked "Use Linear Vertex Paths" under Mask Interpolation.

this is not related to bezier handles for position, but to the way the vertices of a mask can move (straight line or curved)

Even using the Convert Vertex tool does no

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are no Bezier handle on the keyframes themselves. The option to separate the x and y components is greyed out

position keyframes don't get bezier handles unless you separate them and you can't separate any property other than transform position of the layer.

I have unchecked "Use Linear Vertex Paths" under Mask Interpolation.

this is not related to bezier handles for position, but to the way the vertices of a mask can move (straight line or curved)

Even using the Convert Vertex tool does not work

how are you using it? if you are using it to convert temporal linear keyframe to auto bezier - it works in the graph editor

you might want to get information by reading the help files and not the forums.

Managing and animating shape paths and masks in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read lots of help files and will continue to; trying to find the detail you're looking for is often a needle in a haystack, which is why I am glad communities like this exist.

Either way, thanks for the input; I appreciate your time and effort answering my question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help. Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines