Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cut cylinder in half - Photoshop 3D

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I want to use a cube to cut part of my cylinder mesh in half. Kind of a 3D pathfinder. Is this possible? Here is my scene :

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 3.05.44 PM.png

How can I delete the part of my cylinder in which my cube is? Or any other ways to so so??

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

No

The Boolean functions for mesh manipulation that you find in a full 3D program are not built into Photoshop.

You should use a full 3D program such as  Blender (free) to build the mesh

Alternatively if the cube cuts the cylinder exactly by 50% then you could try and create it in two parts. A half cylinder from a path extrusion, along with a full cylinder extrusion. Then merge them onto a single 3D layer, position them one on top of the other and group the objects.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

The Boolean functions for mesh manipulation that you find in a full 3D program are not built into Photoshop.

You should use a full 3D program such as  Blender (free) to build the mesh

Alternatively if the cube cuts the cylinder exactly by 50% then you could try and create it in two parts. A half cylinder from a path extrusion, along with a full cylinder extrusion. Then merge them onto a single 3D layer, position them one on top of the other and group the objects.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! I think I will go with the Blender solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you do go to Blender - select your cylinder model - add a modifier and set the operation to "difference" with the cube as the object.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines