Exit

an internal error has occurred: Attempt to make a request on a closed server

Contributor ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try and do a back-up on exiting, I'm getting this error message

an internal error has occurred: Attempt to make a request on a closed server

I have no idea whether this is an Adobe message or a Microsoft message.

A google search turned up little of any use other than a suggestion to delete  the lrdata folder. I tried this but with no success.

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

Colin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Hi and thanks for the response.

In fact I have just tried re-booting and the back-up completed. I've just tried a second one, and it also completed.

In fact my back-up location is a local disk (my data drive) which is then backed up externally twice a day. So I'm pretty surem permissions should have been OK.

I'm guessing that since a re-boot solved the prob, that it was a Windows issue rather than an Adobe one.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you close LR and the Backup dialog comes up what location is listed as the backup point (where the backup file will be stored)?

Why not try changing that to a folder on a local drive that you know your user name has full read & write permissions to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for the response.

In fact I have just tried re-booting and the back-up completed. I've just tried a second one, and it also completed.

In fact my back-up location is a local disk (my data drive) which is then backed up externally twice a day. So I'm pretty surem permissions should have been OK.

I'm guessing that since a re-boot solved the prob, that it was a Windows issue rather than an Adobe one.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am getting the exact same message - An internal error has occurred: Attempt to make a request on a closed server.

My backup is to my local D: drive and in a subfolder to where my Catalog is stored so permissions would not be an issue.

I had the same error when backing up the Catalog to my external NAS.

Two of these message appear but after pressing OK through both of them the backup seems to complete OK. I am quite concerned that it might be corrupting my backups and would appreciate any help here.

Rebooting my PC makes no difference. I'm running a fairly decent setup with plenty of memory and disk space.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting exactly the same problem and have been since about 2 or 3 LR releases ago. No idea whether or not my backups are corrupt or useable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is caused by plugins running tasks in background tripping over a Lightroom bug.  I've changed one of my plugins (Any Source) to work around the bug, but another still needs the workaround (Any Tag). The error message is harmless and can be ignored.

You can see if this is causing your instance of the error message quick enough: Go to File > Plug-in Manager and disable all plugins. Exit LR, asking it to do a backup.  If the error doesn't appear, then one of the plugins is triggering the bug. You can re-enable each plugin in turn to find out which one.  Send the plug-in developer a link to this post: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2440474

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines