• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Document Dialog Box Too Skinny

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try and create a New Document in Photoshop, the dialog box is way too skinny; and I can't resize it. I have to hit Cancel, and try again for it to work. Sometimes I have to hit Cancel multiple times. Please see attached screenshot.

Any suggestions?

ps_new.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Try setting your Photoshop's preferences to use the old new document dialog.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Photoshop preferences (found under the General tab).

preferences.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, unfortunately that did not fix it. I have a dual-monitor setup. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close it and reopen it. If you move your cc 2017 new document dialog to your second display and open a new document.  The next time you open  the new document dialog it will open in your first display that skinny way not on your second display where you moved it to.. When you close it on your first displays and then reopen it. It should open correctly.  Adobe knows about this bug.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried fixing it this way, and it didn't work. It doesn't seem to matter which monitor I open/close Photoshop on; the problem remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting your Photoshop's preferences to use the old new document dialog.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like it solved the problem. I'll just have to stick with the Legacy New Document interface then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, the ALT key trick works with most any Photoshop dialog to reset it defaults in case you lose track of the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines