• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

context sensitive link to a book not working in Firefox

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2008 Oct 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some context-sensitive links that are to topics, and others that are to books.

In IE, all the links work. In Firefox, the ones to topics work but the ones to books don't work.

(I did look at www.grainge.org, but maybe I missed something there. I am doing the technique of alternating the ??# and ?# marks in the URL of the context sensitive link.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2008 Oct 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little more information:

I have the link to the context sensitive help page. I click the link from my app, in Firefox. The correct page comes up on the screen for a fraction of a second. Then there is a flicker, and the page changes, without the user clicking anything else.

I'm only seeing this in Firefox. Has anyone else seen the same behavior, and are there any known workarounds? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a small TOC with just topics, no books. Same problem?

Also with the current output, if you hit the back button, is the topic then displayed?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes clicking the browser Back button works:

- in app click help link
- in new browser window/tab correct page shows for an instant
- another page shows
- Back button goes back to the correct help page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a problem that I have reported to Adobe.

If you create a TOC with a linked topic, when you create a link to a topic within that book you get this problem. I'll be adding something to my site about it.

Pending a fix the only solution I am currently aware of is not to link books to topics.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had an offline email suggesting that you try turning of autosync.

Worth a try just to see if that is involved in the problem.

Please let us know if it makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but how do you turn off autosync?

(Googling "robohelp turn off autosync" shows a link to www.grainge.org as the first entry, but then searching that site I didn't find it.) Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an option in the wizard when you generate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We turned off the "Synchronize Table of Contents" option, and that didn't fix the problem. Is that the one you were referring to? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes. It was an idea worth a try.

I think you will have to live without books linking to topics as suggested earlier, until the bug is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp