• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get the coordinates (x, y) of path points?

Participant ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a path using the Pen tool. I have selected one point in the path using the Direct Selection tool and now I would like to check its Y coordinate so that I can make it the same as another point's Y coordinate. In Illustrator this is checked inside the Transform window, but I cannot seem to find where something similar exists in Photoshop. Usually I use Ctrl + T to get the dimensions and coordinates of objects/images, but if I do this for a path point, as I move the point down the canvas the Y coordinate increases instead of decreasing. Also if I simply copy the Y coordinate from one point and paste it onto the other point they still don't end up being vertically aligned.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't say that I have come up with a foolproof and definitive answer, but this might help depending on your particular situation.

Turn on Snap vector tools and transform handles to pixel grid

Set the background colour (assuming you can see it) to any colour other than white so you can see the pixel grid (which needs to be turned on)

Zoom in so you can see the pixel grid.

Use the direct selection tool to nudge the point in question to the nearest pixel grid intersection.

Drag the ordinary grid zero point to your path point.  Use a guide or two if it helps.

Your point will now be on zero, zero, and a new point can easily be placed on the same Y coordinate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps this thread may be of help to you: Re: Exporting line end point coordinates?​

Or maybe this add on: https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/products/2389

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines