Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign won't save file

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Help! I have started working on 3 different files. None of them will save.

It happened the other day so i 'force quit' Indesign and reopened it. Everything was fine again. Except I lost the files i was working on!!!!!!

It has now happened again. I do not want o loose the work I have done on these files so if anyone has a suggestion please let me know.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Save as idml. Open that idml and save as indd

2. If 1) not help than move all pages from your source indd to a new empty indd file

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

In the meantime I suggest you trash your InDesign Preferences:

To reset preferences, close InDesign hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and relaunch InDesign, respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iv'e got the same problem.  Tried resetting preferences and saving and opening as an idml file.  Neither worked.  I have version 12.0.0.81.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start by updating to InDesign CC 2017.1. The current version is 12.10.56. The update should show in the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines