• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Signatures without the Digital Certificate/File requirement

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, in the Prepare Form mode, can I create a signature field that does NOT require the signer to create a digital signature file?  In other words, I want to be able to use "signatures" without the legal requirement of creating a digital certificate. However, I still want to use the other functionality, e.g. selectively marking fields a read-only once the "signature" has been applied.  The document we are creating is not intended as a legal document. We want the signer to "sign" but don't want to have the signer go through the exercise of creating a "digital" signature.

Thanks in advance..

L.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Charles+Schwab  wrote

in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, in the Prepare Form mode, can I create a signature field that does NOT require the signer to create a digital signature file?  ...

Not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Charles+Schwab  wrote

in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, in the Prepare Form mode, can I create a signature field that does NOT require the signer to create a digital signature file?  ...

Not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks..  is that also the case when using the Adobe Acrobat Sign module?  LiveCycle Designer?

Thanks again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for LiveCycle Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have wanted to do the same thing and can't figure out how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines