• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link issues?

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new to Lr. I am using an IMAC with macOS Sierra version 10.12.5. It appears that Lr is not able to load any videos I take, including mov or mp4 files. It constantly says it is a dynamic link error.

I have re-booted to no avail.

It means that I cannot use Lr for any video work, of which I do 50:50 will photos. So at the moment, I have to double up and re-upload the videos/photos on my cards to eg. Photos. It is a real pain in the ass.

Anyone have any solutions as I was told Lr would do both and now I am very dissapointed.

Frustrated, Irene  ;-(

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Please press the shift + option keys immediately after you restart Lightroom and select Reset Preferences from the resulting dialog box.

Once its done, open the Lightroom and trying importing the video files into Lightroom.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iak,

Please update the Quicktime player on your machine and check if that helps.

If there's no update available for Quicktime player, then uninstall the Quicktime, restart the machine and reinstall it from the store and try importing the videos in Lightroom.

Let us know if that helps

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

My Quicktime version is up to date ie. 10.4 version. I could not find any further updates for it. So I tried to move the app to trash, but it wouldn’t allow me to do it as it says ““QuickTime Player.app” can’t be modified or deleted because it’s required by macOS.”.

Troubleshooting how to uninstall it says it can be difficult and not to attempt it unless you are an advanced user. I am certainly not an advanced user.

Any ideas how I go from here??

Cheers, Irene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fine, don't remove the QuickTime player. You may try and reset the Lightroom preferences back to defaults and check if that helps.

refer: Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try later as its pretty late here,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you be more specific re where to find the Lr default settings?

I have gone into Preferences and can only see a default setting under Presets re the Develop module?

There doesn’t seem to be a default setting under General or anywhere else??

Also, the link you sent below only goes to the “Welcome to Adobe Forums” page, and not to any specific area re preference file etc?

Cheers, Irene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please press the shift + option keys immediately after you restart Lightroom and select Reset Preferences from the resulting dialog box.

Once its done, open the Lightroom and trying importing the video files into Lightroom.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines