• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong audio playing - repeat from earlier in video

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded my chorus' rehearsal tonight. When I started to edit it in Premiere Elements 15, I found that one section of audio had been replaced with audio from earlier in the evening. In other words, part of the 4th song we rehearsed was replaced with the audio from the 2nd song - while the video stayed with the 4th song.

When I watched the file using Windows Media Player, the audio and video were synched correctly.

All I had done was download the 3 files from my Canon Vixia HF R700 and imported them into Premiere Elements. Same as I do every week.

How did this happen, and how do I prevent it from happening again?

thanks, Kris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you on? Which processor do you have and with how much RAM?

The Vixia should deliver your files at M2TS files, which should edit easily in Premiere Elements 15. How did you get the video files from your camcorder to your computer?

Was this video project created in version 15? As an experiment, try starting a new project and adding some of your video to it. Do you see the same issue in this new project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10. Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz. 6 GB RAM.

Used Premiere Elements Organizer to download files. The files are mp4.

This was a new video project created in v15. I tried opening just the single file in a new project and got the same results.

I've opened the unedited mp4 file in 3 different viewers and it plays correctly in all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your computer is pretty underpowered for editing with Premiere Elements. It's possible your issue is related to that.

Does the video play exactly the same wrong audio at exactly the same spot whenever you play the video? Does it do it at the same spot if you start a new project and drop that video into it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines