• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change rotation speed in Premiere Elements 15

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the rotation effect but I do not understand the values (things like "2x180°") that I should put for the various keyframes in order to gradually slow down the rotation of the image. Any hint ?

Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2X180 means 360 degrees or one full rotation.  If you keep the distance between keyframes the same and increase the number of degrees, it will spin faster.  Decreasing the number of degrees while keeping the keyframe distance the same will slow the rotation.

Keep the number degrees the same and move the keyframes closer will make it spin faster. Keep the number degrees the same and move the keyframes farther away will make it spin slower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to answer. Unfortunately what you say seems incorrect. The 2x180 notation actually means "2 rounds plus 180°", i.e. 440°. This is a silly notation by Adobe engineers btw, but from what I see that is the meaning. Also when you say "increase the number of degrees" I suppose you actually mean "increase the number of degrees that YOU ADD on top of previous added amount", which is different. For instance, if you set frame N to 2x180 (900°), then frame N+1 to 3x180 (1260°), then frame N+2 to 4x180 (1620°), you do increase the number of degrees on each frame, but the speed will remain constant, not faster as you said.

But your answer did help me to figure out this VERY un-intuitive not user-friendly way of defining rotation speed (Adobe have this "particular" way of designing most of their products...).

In particular you help me understand that the amount set for each frame is defined relative to the absolute value of the previous frame.

Again it makes it very painful to achieve what I am trying to do (gradually slowing down the rotation), while a simple curve like for scaling would have done the job. But at least I understand what needs to be done.

So thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You CAN interpolate your keyframes so that the motion progressively slows down from one keyframe to the other.

Ease In is the preset interpolation -- but you can also use a Bezier curve to set the interpolation, as you've suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I am sorry but I cannot find how to apply an interpolation to an image rotation effect in Adobe Premiere Elements. Can you elaborate please ? Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 x 180 means it has 2 full 360 degrees rotattion + 180.

It has made 2 full rotations before it stop up side down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann .... which is what I said...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the misinformation.

I also didn't properly read:

gradually slow down the rotation of the image

Steve's answer:

setting up keyframe interpolation using Bezier curves

is the key to doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I just managed to find out about Bezier curves. Very well hidden feature by Adobe, as usual... I love them... not....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to look more closely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rotation.png

1 x 359 means two full rotations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your level of expertise creating keyframes?

I've created a tutorial on setting up keyframe interpolation using Bezier curves. It's in the subscription tutorials on my web site.

*** Advanced Keyframing***

You may be able to find some free tutorials on keyframe interpolation for Premiere Pro on YouTube. The principle is very similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines