Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom crashes when going from Library to Develop

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Over the last few weeks I've had the following problem.  Lightroom opens ok and I can browse the Library content.  However when clicking on Develop I frequently (but not always) get the message "Adobe Lightroom has stopped working .....".  When I click on the debug button I get the following message from the Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in lightroom.exe [21716]".  The number changes each time it happens.  If it stays running when I move to Develop it appears to be stable.  If Lightroom opens up in Develop mode then it appears to be stable.

I can't track down anybody else with a similar problem in Lightroom. 

Can anybody help?

TIA

Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Many thanks for the suggestion.  Since posting the query I've realised it could be something to do with the graphics card/driver.  I've tried updating the driver which, bizarrely, has installed one with the date 13/01/2016 when it previously had a 2017 date.  This seems to have fixed the problem - at least it hasn't recurred and switching between Library and Driver is now instantaneous whereas it was slow before even if the software didn't crash.  However I'll keep your suggestion 'in my back po

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deactivating the GPU acceleration: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for the suggestion.  Since posting the query I've realised it could be something to do with the graphics card/driver.  I've tried updating the driver which, bizarrely, has installed one with the date 13/01/2016 when it previously had a 2017 date.  This seems to have fixed the problem - at least it hasn't recurred and switching between Library and Driver is now instantaneous whereas it was slow before even if the software didn't crash.  However I'll keep your suggestion 'in my back pocket' for if it does recur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines