• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set default size for .chm window?

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2008 Oct 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there is an answer at grainge.org, but it seems to be referring only to a .chm using skins, which I am not.

Anybody know how to make the default size of the .chm larger?

thanks, Leisa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2008 Oct 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use skins with CHMs so not sure what you are looking at.

You need to be looking at the Window properties.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2008 Oct 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Peter's answer, you can use a skin with a CHM but there are draw backs in doing so, namely with the index. Rick Stone' tips and tricks file describes how to do this and the problems it causes if you need to investigate further. Otherwise as Peter suggests you set your deffault window size and position in the windows properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had problems changing my window sizes as well. I want the Help to open on the top right, but 320 is the largest amount I can enter for Left Placement in the Window Properties, which puts the Help in the middle of the page rather than far right.

Lacona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lacona,

The default window size is set in your windows properties dialog in RoboHelp. It can also be set manually in the .hhp file before you compile. If you open the .hhp file in a text editor, such as Notepad, you will see a [WINDOWS] section and for each window defined there will be a series of numbers. One of these is a vector [in square brackets] that defines the original position. These are absolute screen pixels.

In older versions of RoboHelp, one of which I use, there was a limit to the size of the window RH would allow but when I changed the .hhp, RoboHelp didn't try to overwrite it unless I reopened the Windows properties dialog. I'm not sure how the latest versions handle this but you might try editing the .hhp with Notepad and then compiling the .chm.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John! Editing the .hhp file in Notebook worked great!

Lacona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Noted -- I "mistyped."

OK - I think I found it.

In case anyone else wonders (or wanders, as I did):

Project Set-up>Windows thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp