Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC - brush offset when using tablet

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Whenever I use a brush with my graphic tablet (Huion 610PRO because I'm a graphics peasant) the brush is offset by about 50 pixels on my monitor. This happen's regardless of zoom. This is an issue that only happens in Photoshop, only when using the brush, eraser, or clone stamp tool. The graphic's tablet is spot on for every other tool, including shapes. Every other drawing application I've tested is fine. All drivers are up to date. Changing my monitor settings does not help. The problem is only in Photoshop when using these specific tools.

Before you blame the tablet or my computer, I want to repeat: it is spot on for every other tool in Photoshop and with every tool I've tested in other painting applications.

What has gone wrong with Photoshop?

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Disabling Windows Ink fixed the problem for me. Not sure if I have the exact same problem with my offset however.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Actually turning it on and off. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to try is to change the scale factor of your laptop to 100%:

- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Display

Change the slider to "Smaller"

Log out and then back in to try it out.

When you test for updates, are you using Windows Update, or going directly to Hulon's website: http://www.huiontablet.com/download/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, but I've already tried that and it doesn't seem to help 😕 My updates come directly from Huion's website.

I found a temporary, albeit annoying, fix. When I set my tablet to work across both of my monitors it seems to work. The problem is that the x-axis scale is waaaaaaay out of proportion, but at least it is drawing underneath the cursor now.

Any idea why this problem only happen in Photoshop and not other applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too - also using the Huion 610PRO with Photoshop CC.

Everything works fine in Illustrator, but the brush is completely off in Photoshop. Pen tool seems to work fine for some inexplicable reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a dual monitor display. I have found that if I switch to a single display (or "clone" display)' it corrects the problem.

Not an ideal solution, but at least the tablet now works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dilciam,

Are you still facing this issue? Could you please check for the tablet drivers update with the manufacturer and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem (cloning offset) but found a solution that worked for me.  My problem occurred when I was editing a photo with Adobe Photoshop CS6 from Lightroom 6.0.  The problem occurred when I used "Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustment".  When I instead clicked on the second option "Edit a Copy", the clone offset was gone.  This fixed the problem when I was using a second monitor. 

Hope this gives you a clue on how to fix your issue.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just solved this very similar issue with my genius tablet and in PS CC brush and pen tools both had this weird horizontal offset... Yet in PS CS6 it works fine! cuz I have both versions installed.

I've reinstalled driver, did some other tricks to no avail, yet once I turned off spacing feature under brush settings> brush tip shape> spacing checkbox, last option below the hardness... voila! it bloody works, perfectly! even thou I've used it before and know what it does, for some reason brush now works just fine! well, no offset at all, behaves as it should... only, now it seems like I am robbed of the spacing feature, but I never even had a need for it tbh.. I am baffled as to why spacing is causing this, but it really did cause that offset, nothing else. once I check it again, it offsets again about 750px and spacing is set at 25%.

So just in the case someone else comes across this PhotoShop brush offset issue, I wanted to post this, to let them know about it and only uncheck the spacing box before spending hours on reinstalls, tweaks, googlin' tricks and other.

I hope someone finds this helpful,

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to let you know this fixed my offset issue.  I think I clicked spacing by accident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!

turned off spacing feature under brush settings> brush tip shape> spacing checkbox, last option below the hardness... voila!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very mach for share, I solved the same problem🙌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling Windows Ink fixed the problem for me. Not sure if I have the exact same problem with my offset however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually turning it on and off. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines