Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Profile Creator - an error that grinds my gears

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I've been trying to create my own profile today for an IP Camera BCS BIP7500 with Tokina lens. It is very important for improving my work.

I've made everything just as said in every guide/tutorial, checkerboards get scanned and selected properly, but i keep getting this error. I can't tell what does it mean, niether does google. I have even manually changed the exif data of those photos, since the camera writes none. Still The same. Please help me.

"Generate lens profile failed because the camera model solver failed to find a solution.

Make sure the checkerboard detection is ok and there are enough position and orientation variations of the camera in the images."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open this thread. The same thing as here:

"Unauthorized: access to this place or content is restricted"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry - I hadn't realised it was restricted.

It was a thread discussing exactly the same error message  as yours. The answer marked correct - which came from an Adobe Staff member was :

For a given optical configuration (e.g., a specific setting of focal length, f-number, and focus distance), you are taking multiple images, right? A standard example would be 9 images in a set. You mentioned that you are keeping the camera position fixed as you take these images. That is not recommended. Instead, the recommendation is to move the camera position across the 9 images within the set. For example, I take 3 images from one position, 3 images from another position, and another 3 images from a third position. This produces 9 images total, while keeping the focus distance, focal length, and f-number the same for all 9 images. This will help avoid problems while Lens Profile Creator optimizes the correction data

The originator confirmed that moving the camera to other positions did solve the issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines