• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving pictures with effects over a background image

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a video, something like this: 10 Incredible Things You Didn't Know Aboot Canada! - YouTube

I want the camera to pan (hover) from left to right (or down-up) over a background image. I looked all over the internet but couldn't find. I would appreciate if you could tell me what effect, program used for this? And what is this method called? A link to a tutorial video would be great.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

I see some other responses and it's pretty clear there is some homework to do on the instruction side.

There are tons of intro to AE tutorials.  However, let me just offer a couple points to focus on to send you on your way and let you study up.

What you want to do is animate pictures around, zoom, move, wiggle, whatever.  These are very basic things to do in the grand scheme of AE.  Look for tutorials on key framing and moving objects.  It only takes a basic understanding to get started.

In short,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this is really a rather simple process.  You have a few basic options.

1.  Simply animate the photos around as you like.

2.  Make them 3D layers, add a camera and animate the camera.

3.  Make them 3D layers, and then animate the pictures.

I'd probably do a combination of 2 and 3 with 3 being the simplest plus, it gives the ability to place 3D space in between them.

Keep in mind, there are tons of other ways but these are good ways to accomplish this.

Happy to answer any more specific questions.

I also noticed you asked which program.  I was assuming that you are already using after effects.  If not, that's what I'd use but that assumes you are not getting it purely for this one project.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. However I searched the key words in your response and still couldn't find what I am looking for. I am new to this editing world, so I need a little bit more descriptive instructions. Just to clarify, I am not trying to give a third dimension to a 2D picture. Instead, I want to have a background image ( it is Canada flag in the video ) and pictures on it are shown with panning zooming and many more effects. If you give me a method name, or a link that I can search and gather information, that would be more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An analogy of your situation:

You've decided you'd like to take up painting as a hobby.

You've been to the art shop, bought a handful of brushes and some oil paint.

You're now asking : "How do I paint a realistic portrait?".

Start here : Adobe After Effects Learn & Support

Do some tutorials, learn the basics and you'll soon be underway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see some other responses and it's pretty clear there is some homework to do on the instruction side.

There are tons of intro to AE tutorials.  However, let me just offer a couple points to focus on to send you on your way and let you study up.

What you want to do is animate pictures around, zoom, move, wiggle, whatever.  These are very basic things to do in the grand scheme of AE.  Look for tutorials on key framing and moving objects.  It only takes a basic understanding to get started.

In short, you'll place your background (the Canada map).  You add layers for your images in varying lengths depending on when you want them coming in.

Then as an example, on frame 1, you will key frame a position (possibly size, rotation, etc), then move forward 5 frames and drag the picture to a different location.  It will automatically add a second key frame and when played, that picture will move from its position on frame one to the new position on frame 5.

That's the simple part of it.  You'll want to learn then how to rotate, how to resize, how to use the easy ease capability, etc.  These are within the same area as simple key framing your movement.

This should get you started.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try looking for "Ken Burns Effect"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your very detailed response. Without taking it too far, I want to ask one more thing. In the method you explained, the pictures move from one point to another, right? But, what I want is to camera to move to pictures that are located at different locations on the background image. I need help with this. It is very apparent in the video I shared.10 Incredible Things You Didn't Know Aboot Canada! - YouTube

Another question, I am only Adobe Premiere user, do I need After Effect for this effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines