Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet Transition in After Effects?

Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm following the tutorial "Making Your First Cartoon." Very helpful! Thank you. While your transitions between your puppet seem quite smooth from when he is in a scaled up version to when you see more of his body, my transitions for my puppet look quite clunky. The switch between the two perspectives doesn't seem smooth. I was able to follow your instructions of how to make the staircase effect of bringing in and out the different layers of each perspective but I wasn't sure if there was anything else to apply to help the transitions from one layer to another seem more seamless?

Again--many thanks for your tutorial video. I'm a total novice and have been able to make much progress following your instructions. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think those were just straight jump cuts, so really I'd say just make sure each scene is significantly scaled (maybe 40%+) and the character is centered. If the character is in different areas or the scale change is tiny, that can tend to look more choppy. Hope that helps a little!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I didn't have the character centered so I'll give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines