• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a very long document with a Table of Contents that I want to link to specific pages. I set up all of hyperlinks in the InDesign file, but when I export the book to an interactive PDF, somewhere it is adding in other hyperlinks to other pages that I do not want to link to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I already tried changing my preferences in Acrobat to not create links from URLs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to interactive PDF will automatically link InDesign-generated TOC entries with their destination pages; could it be you're getting a mix-in of those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I made the TOC I unchecked the Create PDF Bookmarks so that I wouldn't have this problem. The links are also not showing up on my hyperlinks panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the links on the TOC would not show in the links panels. The TOC is only pulling from the paragraph styles you set up in the document and linked on the TOC panel when you set it up.

It will only link what you have set up in styles. If the TOC links is taking you to pages you don't want to link to, make a new paragaph style in those pages and apply it to the text the TOC is pulling from

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines