• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Explosion or like in AE!

Participant ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What effect can be used for the following. If you want to let a house explode into atoms and afterwards descend like a mansion. What effect can be used in AE for the explosion of the house ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Like Jose said...particles would proabably work best. if you want some kind of flaming blast you may want to look for stock footage of the kind of blast you want and use that as a layered effect in conjunction with a particle system.

is there a clip of something similar to what you're trying to create you could share?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need a particles plugin, and the best option is Trapcode Particular. Anyway, without any reference is difficult to orient you about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Du skal have tak fordi du tog dig tid til at svare mig. Jeg vil prøve de forskellige forslag her i min ferie du og de andre har givet mig - TAK !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Jose said...particles would proabably work best. if you want some kind of flaming blast you may want to look for stock footage of the kind of blast you want and use that as a layered effect in conjunction with a particle system.

is there a clip of something similar to what you're trying to create you could share?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Du skal have tak fordi du tog dig tid til at svare mig. Jeg vil prøve de forskellige forslag her i min ferie du og de andre har givet mig - TAK !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that popped into my head is to use the shatter effect on both images or layers (the house & the mansion)  Run the effect normally for the house exploding and reverse the mansion layer so it's coming together rather than flying apart.  Use a drastic camera move with some heavy motion blur to hide the transition.   It'll make the point but the method really depends on the specific look you need or want.

As for Trapcode I would think Trapcode Form is a better choice than Particular.   With Form you can have the particles come together to form the mansion.  You could never achieve that with particular.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RED GIANT - they were very helpful and with their professional knowledge I was helped perfectly. The result was that I bought Trapcode FORM 3 and I am now trying to figure it out as I hope I do after many tests. The next thing I want to buy will be Trapcode PARTICULAR 3 when I can use Form perfectly. I think you are much further promoted in the use of AE than I am so I think it will last a long time before I can put others out to see or judge so if you have some good tips or you have some links that may be useful For a novice in the use of AE.

I hope all those who have answered me through AE see this because I want to say you all thank you for taking the time to answer me again. I have used GOOGLE for the translation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also going to mention TC Form as well. That is a great tool for making objects dissolve in to many particles and even achieve a flame like (stylized) effect.

I'd also suggest reviewing some of Andrew Kramer's tutorials on how to make things dissolve to dust.  He has a great example using a hand grenade as well as a woman disappearing to dust.  The grenade one dissolves with a fire like effect.  Pretty sure he does that using just AE too.

Past that, concur, lots of options with stock footage explosions which would probably make your process even easier depending on what you aim to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej igen

Jeg har fundet ham på YouTube og har kikket på nogle af de tutorials han har lavet! De er virkelig gode. Så du skal have mange tak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and glad I could help.  He has some really good tutorials and even the older ones you will find still useful.

Enjoy.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines