• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to check CUDA effective workload?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed a brand new GTX1080ti on my Windows 10 system, with CC2017 suite

When I start rendering (of course with Mercury GPU acceleration selected) or exporting i see all may CPU cores (Intel cores i mean) go up to 100%, and al the case FANs increase airflow; but the GTX temperature, fan speed and GPU usage remains very low (I can see this with the ASUS GTX monitor utility).

Have I to think that rendering is not working with my card? How could I check this? Have I to set something special as I have done in the past with a GTX670?

Thanks all for any idea.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

I missed that you already have a means to monitor the usage. If it is low, it is working. It's a yes or no thing. Sounds like one or more effects may be slowing things down. Make sure you have the latest Red Giant versions, as older iterations weren't as efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU is not generally involved in exports unless they involve resizing, Lumetri,  Warp Stabilizer, or the other effects on the GPU accelerated effects list. It's not a long list.

So perhaps you're not doing something to invoke that GPU. And also make sure that in your preferences you have Mercury acceleration set to CUDA.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My export involves resizing, lumetri, warp stabilizer AND some other effects including Magic Bullet (I don't know if they are on the accelerated list or not)

Of course, as I have written before, project preferences are set to CUDA.

So, thank you for your answer but again seems that the investment in a GTX 1080 ti is a little bit wasted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't be ... perhaps moving this to the Hardware forum will get more information from the better tech heads.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be! Anyway, thank you for the acion and your answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you install GPU-Z, or similar, you can monitor the usage of your video card. It does sound like something is not right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st of all thank you;

I have downloaded and installed it, and there is a ROG version so due to the fact i'm working with a GTX1080ti Strix i decided to use that one. I am using the standard ASUS tool too, which is reporting similar information, I want to see.

Can't understand if Premiere is really working with CUDAs and how much or not, the temperature remains always around 45/51, so can't see a real stress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed that you already have a means to monitor the usage. If it is low, it is working. It's a yes or no thing. Sounds like one or more effects may be slowing things down. Make sure you have the latest Red Giant versions, as older iterations weren't as efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to see 100% GPU usage run my Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) and when you run the second test which is exporting the specially constructed MPEG-DVD timeline to use all the GPU you have.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i will check for sure!!!

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines