• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MUSE cursor stuck in "Click to jump to breakpoint" mode. Can't get it to be the plain select tool.

Engaged ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title sums it up.   I am trying to set breakpoints, and any time I drag the window, the cursor sticks in this "Click to jump to breakpoint" mode.  "V" doesn't work.  If I click it, it does indeed jump to the next higher breakpoint, which is NOT what I want -- I need to work withn the smaller size page.  I can't get it to be the plain selection tool mode.  Small, but aggravating, problem.

Working in MUSE 2017.0.4.8, 805099 File format 363   on an iMac

Thanks

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

I only get this in this situation:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-13 um 00.32.51.png

Then this is between two breakpoints. Of course you have to decide a breakpoint first. If there´s no smaller breakpoint at, let´s say 768,

you must choose the next bigger breakpoint.

Does this help?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rightclick into the breakpoint bar to create a new breakpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

That's not my problem -- it is that the CURSOR sticks in this "click to jump to breakpoint" mode, which means if I try to work on the content in a specific breakpoint, as soon as I click on the cursor, it jumps to the next highest brealpoint.  I need it to stay in the standard selection tool mode, so I can work within the space.

It's a problem with the cursor, not setting breakpoints.  Sorry if I was unclear.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask, do you want to work between two breakpoints? This is not possible. Did I understand you right?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

No, I don't.    When I use the breakpoint slider to move to the next breakpoint down, and move the cursor, it is stuck in this mode, "click to jump to breakpoint," which, when I click it to try to select an object, instead of selecting, it jumps to the next highest breakpoint.  The problem is with the cursor state.

thanks

r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a screenshot of your situation?

I didn`t get it so far, I`m afraid

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to grab a screenshot -- but when i use the breakpoint slider and move to a new breakpoint, the cursor switches to this one, and I can't get it into the standard selection tool.  Clicking on this just takes me back to the next widest breakpoint, but won't let me select elements in the smaller space.  

r
cursor.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only get this in this situation:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-13 um 00.32.51.png

Then this is between two breakpoints. Of course you have to decide a breakpoint first. If there´s no smaller breakpoint at, let´s say 768,

you must choose the next bigger breakpoint.

Does this help?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Uwe -- that was it!

I thought that as long as I was within a breakpoint, I could adjust the settings.  But now I understand that I must be on the precise breakpoint itself.  This may solve some of my other issues as well.

Danke mein Freund! Und Entschuldigungen für Donald Trump.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep.

Don`t care about Mr T.

No need to sorry. Elect.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines