• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIGHTROOM SHOWS MISSING PHOTO AFTER CFAST CARD IS EJECTED

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I Import my photos into Lightroom like normal. Edit the photos and now Im done.

I pulled my CFAST card out of my card reader and instantly the photos get the "!" mark and says they are missing.

Now Ive ran into the "missing media"error before and know how to reconnect but for some reason the import isn't sticking to my Lightroom.  Ive shot on the 5D Mark iii for the past 4 years and have only started running into this with my 1DX Mark ii / CFast card.

PLEASE HELP.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Building on Wobertc's answer, is sounds like you did an "add" import when you needed to do a "copy" import so that the files ended up on your computer's hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Like Normal"-  Can you give us some more details?

Which of these options are you using in the Import dialog- [Copy as DNG, Copy, Move, Add] ?

What is the destination folder for your imports?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Building on Wobertc's answer, is sounds like you did an "add" import when you needed to do a "copy" import so that the files ended up on your computer's hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The most important thing here is that your images were never copied to your hard drive. Do not use or format the CFast card until you get the images copied to your hard drive.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines