Exit

Sub-menu of sub-menu

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

A simple question:

It is possible to add a sub-menu to some menu of Illustrator (cc) like in Menuplay exemple code.

Is it possible to add sub-menu to that sub-menu and and so on?

Thanks

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Sorry, that in response to the second question. As to the first, yes, you can add to Illustrator's menus. You kind of have to, and they've got a header, AIMenuGroups.h, that lists all the sets of menus in the product. Note that, say, the File menu has several menu groups in it, so depending on where you want your menuitem (or submenu I'm guessing) you'd have to figure out which menu group corresponds to where you want it to go.

We add a submenu to the kOpenMenuGroup ourselves, so that part is 100

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't say I've tried but you can find examples in the Illustrator menu where Adobe is doing just that (e.g. Type > Insert Special Character > Symbol > Bullet). As a general rule, if built-in functionality does something, you can usually do it too as they use their own API for 90% of the product.

Also, looking at the API, I can't see why it shouldn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that in response to the second question. As to the first, yes, you can add to Illustrator's menus. You kind of have to, and they've got a header, AIMenuGroups.h, that lists all the sets of menus in the product. Note that, say, the File menu has several menu groups in it, so depending on where you want your menuitem (or submenu I'm guessing) you'd have to figure out which menu group corresponds to where you want it to go.

We add a submenu to the kOpenMenuGroup ourselves, so that part is 100% doable. The submenu-of-a-submenu I'd be surprised if you can't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! I tried and it works!

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines