• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.5.5 hangs when opening a certain EPUB file

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest release of Adobe Digital Editions (4.5.5.173692) on a Windows 10 computer, in order to read some ebooks I just purchased; some of them are protected with DRM, while instead one is DRM-free. Whenever I try to open this specific ebook, the application just hangs, keeping a CPU core pegged at 100% until I kill it.

The various DRM-protected files bought from the same site instead works fine.

I also tried several other EPUB files (with or without DRM) from other sources, and they work fine.

So, this would seem to be a file-specific issue... however, the file appears to be ok, because it works fine in any other EPUB-capable application (such as the web browser Microsoft Edge, or my iPhone). And even if the file was faulty, that should have caused an error message, not an application hang.

For reference, the file is an ebook bought on ebooks.com, alongside with several other ones; I can give specific links if required.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check if the issue again if download the eBook again? If yes its better you contact the creater of the file to check the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that, but no luck.

Also, as I said, the file works fine in any other application... only ADE hangs when trying to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But alos the issue with only one file. In this case i have no idee, which the problem with the file and digital edition and other works. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried installing ADE on my iPhone (latest version available on the App Store, 4.5.5); the files opens correctly.

ADE only hangs when trying to open it on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try to download a other ADE verison on you PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, ADE 4.0 hangs in the same way. I installed it and version 4.5.5 multiple times, always with the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 and 4.5.5 has makes problems on my device i work with 3.0: Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried on another computer with Windows 8.1, and it works.

So, thus far this seems some sort of bug related to Windows 10....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems so. I used only 3.0 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have same problem - amazing this hasn't been addressed yet.

Win10 Pro

ADE 4.5.5

I ordered 4 ebooks from PackT.

Two work with ADE, two do not.  All FOUR work with Edge.

I opened all four ebooks in Notepad++

The format of the two that do not work match, but are different in xml content (particularly references to iBook) than the two that do (no references to iBook).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines