Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switching from Lightroom CC 2015.10.1 to Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After over a year of using Lightroom CC, I decided to cancel my subscription in favour of Lightroom 6 standalone license. I have not installed Lightroom 6 yet. Is there any documentation that I can read on how to do this transition properly? What would happen to my Lightroom CC 2015.10.1 catalog? Do I need to fully uninstall Lightroom and Photoshop CC before installing LR6?

If this has already been discussed, my apologies. Would appreciate if anyone can point me to the thread.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

There is no need to download and install. You simply convert LR CC 2015.10.1 into LR6.10.1 by signing out and re-licencing with your serial number (24 digits starting 1160) see the link below.

N.B. LR CC has some features not available in LR6 – see list below.

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Features found in LR CC and not in LR6

LR Mobile sync* (from LR desktop to multiple iOS or Android devices)

LR Mobile Webspace

LR premium features for mobile devices* (radial & linear selecti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you've been using the Photography Plan. Are you now not renewing that plan and only using Lightroom 6? I.e. no more Photoshop CC.

There's nothing to uninstall. The programme code for CC 2015.10.1 and version 6.10.1 is the same. Only the licensing differs.

1. Launch CC 2015.10 and click Help > Sign Out,
  2. Close Lightroom
  3. Re-launch Lightroom
  4. Click License This Software
  5. Enter your version 6 serial number
  6. Lightroom should open with your last used catalog as normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That's right I'm not renewing / continuing my photography plan but would like to continue using LR6. The subscription plan served it's purpose for me as it allowed me to use the software without having to make one big outlay. For a while, I used it a lot when I scanned a lot of my old negatives and fixed the photos with LR and occasionally PS. But after completing that project, all I use LR for is organising, bulk resize for photo display and occasional basic photo edit.

I will try your instructions once my LR6 DVD arrives.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

artipax  wrote

I will try your instructions once my LR6 DVD arrives.

There's nothing to stop you downloading and installing 6.10.1 now. You can then run it for at least 7 days before entering your serial number when your DVD arrives. No need to uninstall or reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm confused. Why would I need to download and install 6.10.1? I have a running LR CC 2015.10.1 which from your previous comment all I need to do is Sign-Out, Re-launch, enter my LR6 S/N and Bob's your uncle - LR is expected to use the same binary and catalog, with just the licensing model changed.

BTW, I've just recently cancelled my CC subscription which as it turn out - Adobe allows you to use LR and PS for another 30 days with just a reminder at start-up to re-subscribe if you want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not need to download and re-install. You will not need the DVD install.

As John Waller explains- it will be just an alternate way of registration of the software already installed.

You have purchased a Version 6 Serial Number?  You will need that to continue running in Stand-alone 'Perpetual' mode. The CC subscription does not qualify you for continued use as 'Stand-alone'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me see if I get this right

1. Download and Install LR 6.10.1

2. Open it and from the preference use the Catalog created from the LR CC 2015.10.1

3. Enter the purchased S/N at some time within the next 7-days to continue using LR 6.10.1

Meanwhile, will it be better to uninstall LR CC eventually, as clearly it's a different binary and will cease to work after the 30-day grace period?

Also - do you have the download URL for LR 6 handy? Navigating the Adobe website seem to keep leading to the CC version of Lightroom. 

TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to download and install. You simply convert LR CC 2015.10.1 into LR6.10.1 by signing out and re-licencing with your serial number (24 digits starting 1160) see the link below.

N.B. LR CC has some features not available in LR6 – see list below.

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Features found in LR CC and not in LR6

LR Mobile sync* (from LR desktop to multiple iOS or Android devices)

LR Mobile Webspace

LR premium features for mobile devices* (radial & linear selective adjustment tools)

Dehaze tool (Effects)

Boundary warp tool (available with panorama)

Guided Upright (manual transform)

Selective adjustments with dehaze, whites & blacks (available with the graduated filter, radial filter and brush tools in LR dektop)

Reference View with active window

Filter for Snapshots or as criterion for Smart Collection

LR mobile sync recovery

*except for Creative Cloud/LR Mobile trial.

As at May 2017 – release of LR 6.10.1/LRCC 2015.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 99jon, the link you provided is exactly what I needed. Yes I am aware that LR CC offers more than LR 6. Thanks too John Waller - your initial reply seem to summarised accurately what was on the link provided by 99jon. I guess the suggestion to download throw me off a little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines