Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import RAW CR2 format to lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Someone that can help me understand why I cant import my RAW format into lightroom? I google and I got the tips to check if I have the latest version. And It seems like I have?

It is very strange because several times I have been able to import, but the majority of the time I cant import.

So frustrating, I dont understand what Im doing wrong.

Skärmavbild 2017-07-13 kl. 14.09.20.png

Skärmavbild 2017-07-13 kl. 14.13.18.png

Skärmavbild 2017-07-13 kl. 14.09.33.png

Sincerely

Therese

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

You can purchase Lightroom as a stand alone licensed app (Lightroom 6) or with a creative cloud plan (Lightroom CC 2015)  The digital software is the same;  differences come in how you sign in.  Lightroom CC 2015 has a few extra features that are not available in Lightroom 6 such as de-haze and LR Mobile, but Lightroom 6 is still an upgrade to Lightroom 5.

theresee24934298  wrote

...I have the whole prescription.

What do you mean by the this?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which camera make and model are your Raw files from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Canon 750D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw support for the 750D wasn't added until Lightroom 6.0, so to process those raw files from that camera you'll either need to upgrade to LR 6/CC, or you can download and use the free Adobe DNG converter which will allow the CR2 files to be converted into Adobe's DNG format, which your LR5.7.1 will then be able to process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, I tried to find the update 6.0 but I didnt understand how to update it?
Is it a update or is it a new program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 is not an update to Lightroom 5.  You have to purchase Lightroom 6 as an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okey

It doesn't come with Creative cloud? I have the whole prescription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can purchase Lightroom as a stand alone licensed app (Lightroom 6) or with a creative cloud plan (Lightroom CC 2015)  The digital software is the same;  differences come in how you sign in.  Lightroom CC 2015 has a few extra features that are not available in Lightroom 6 such as de-haze and LR Mobile, but Lightroom 6 is still an upgrade to Lightroom 5.

theresee24934298  wrote

...I have the whole prescription.

What do you mean by the this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

theresee24934298  wrote

Okey

It doesn't come with Creative cloud? I have the whole prescription.

Please explain "the whole prescription". Are you paying a subscription fee? What operating system are you using? Do you have a 32-bit or a 64-bit computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem as described by Theresse.  I downloaded LR CC trial last night..  It will open JPEG but not recognize RAW.  I'm using a Cannon 80D.  Operating on Windows 10 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnb81842116  wrote

I have the exact same problem as described by Theresse.  I downloaded LR CC trial last night..  It will open JPEG but not recognize RAW.  I'm using a Cannon 80D.  Operating on Windows 10 64 bit.

What version did the trial install? See Help>System Info for the version number. To process raw files from the 80D it needs to be at least LR6.5/CC 2015.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

Version: 6.3 [9600]

It looks like I need to delete the current trial version and download a newer version.  Is that what you would recommend?  How do I make sure that I download the correct version for a trial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, don't delete the currently installed version, that's the base version which is always needed and to which the various updates are applied. You need to download and install the current update on to the base version, you can find the link at the end of this blog post: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-cc-2015-12-6-12/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that the problem has been solved.

Thank you

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines