Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder conflicts when saving from photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I am using Lightroom tethered then using the "edit in" feature on some images and select the "Open as layers in photoshop" to do composite photos and exposure blending.

Everything works fine until I save the file. The file saves correctly in a folder with the correct name.

But those edited photos are displayed as a root folder in the collection see attached  image, where Tent2 (49 images) and Tent2 (136 images) are the same folder (note Tent3 is me trying to find a fix).

In finder everything is as it should be and when I try to synchronise folders it says the files already exist. I've trawled the internet and updated everything but cant find a fix. This seriously impedes my workflow and would be great to fix. Any ideas welcome...

Thanks

Screenshot 2017-07-07 14.45.06.png 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

I think you have a similar problem to the "Capitals/Lowercase" dilemma seen by others.

Check this link for the posts by Jim Wilde-

Wrong path every time when importing

And similar threads here at Adobe Communities:

Duplicate Foto Folder in Lightroom 6.8 |Adobe Community

The fix involves combining the two errant names [tent2 and tent2] in the Lightroom folder panel, renaming the 'combined' folder in Windows File Explorer , then back in Lightroom: re-linking (update) the 'combined' folder to the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Southwest,

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

May I know what happens when you try to sync the parent folder and the "tent2" folder separately? While syncing the parent folder, Lightroom will not confuse the "tent2" in the tethered folder with the one outside it.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have a similar problem to the "Capitals/Lowercase" dilemma seen by others.

Check this link for the posts by Jim Wilde-

Wrong path every time when importing

And similar threads here at Adobe Communities:

Duplicate Foto Folder in Lightroom 6.8 |Adobe Community

The fix involves combining the two errant names [tent2 and tent2] in the Lightroom folder panel, renaming the 'combined' folder in Windows File Explorer , then back in Lightroom: re-linking (update) the 'combined' folder to the 'new' folder name.

And with respect to Akash, I do not think that doing a folder synchronization will permanently fix the problem.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All

Thanks for help. Yes it was the Case sensitive issue, but the fix took a couple of times to get it to work.

So glad that issue is solved! was really disrupting my work flow!

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines