• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Page extraction and renaming in bulk

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to take large PDF files and rename them as individual files - hopefully with the header information. Is there an easy way to do this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be possible with a custom-made script, if the data you want to use for the new file name is readable and can be consistently identified. It's not possible to say for sure whether that's the case without seeing some sample files, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for responding! The document I am working in is a standard healthcare claim form. The data I need for the bulk file rename/single page extract is in the exact precise spot on every page: it's simply a 7 character alpha-numeric string right where the QR symbol/image is. See this link:

http://www.nucc.org/images/stories/PDF/1500_claim_form_2012_02.pdf

I need to take a multi-page document, extract each page as a single file and rename those pages with that piece of data.

Would a script be difficult to write for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll need to see a sample file with the actual text, since the file you shared doesn't contain any "real" text, except for the "SAMPLE" watermark, at least not on the first page... You can send it to me to try6767 at gmail.com, if you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines