• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile Importing Original Photo from iPhone Camera Roll

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple months ago, LR Mobile started importing the original picture from my iPhone camera roll, instead of the edited version. Is this an intentional change? I certainly hope not.

Workflow:

1. take picture using native iPhone camera app

2. make minor edits to picture (crop, etc.) using the native iPhone Photos app

3. open LR Mobile

4. import picture

LR Mobile imports the original, not the cropped/edited picture. The same thing happens using an iPad.

I've called tech support a dozen times. At first they tried to fix the problem by having me reinstall the app, etc. Now they're saying that LR Mobile has always imported the original. I've been using it for a year and I know that is not true. They recommend that I take all of my pictures using the LR Mobile camera, making my edits in LR Mobile, then export them to my camera roll. That's a workaround that I'd rather not do for a variety of reasons.

Can other users follow my same workflow above and let me know the result? I would greatly appreciate it.

Has anyone else figured out how to import the edited pictures on their phone?

I'm using iPhone 6+, latest iOS, latest LR Mobile version.

Thanks,

Darrell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

I'm no expert on the Photos app, but googling around yesterday it seems that edits applied in the Photos app are non-destructive. In which case it makes perfect sense that the LRmobile app would only see the original unedited image that's still in the Camera Roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same.

In fact, when I Add Photos I can only see the Original in the grid of Photos, not the edited version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, selondon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no expert on the Photos app, but googling around yesterday it seems that edits applied in the Photos app are non-destructive. In which case it makes perfect sense that the LRmobile app would only see the original unedited image that's still in the Camera Roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jim. I wonder if Adobe purposely made this change to LRM because I'm 100% positive that the app used to import the edited picture. In fact, I can still import the edited picture if I create a new album then do the import. This is a workaround that I'd rather not do long term, but it shows that LRM has the capability to import the edited picture.

I wish Adobe would give the user the option of importing the original or edited.

Thanks,

Darrell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines