• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't log into Lightroom mobile on Mac.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no issues logging into Creative Cloud or Lightroom mobile on my iPad and PC. On the Mac I get the "Get started" and can't log in. It does show that I am login if I go to the help tab. Any Idea what would be causing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Update: Got LR syncing working again!

Solution:

LR wasn't updating to the latest version either through the in-app Help menu or via the CC desktop app - it thought it was already the latest version. I updated LR and synced started working.

(how to check your version of LR: Keep your Lightroom version up to date )

Steps:

1. Delete the OPM.db file (instructions:  Available updates not listed for Adobe Creative Cloud applications )

2. Uninstall LR via the CC desktop app

3. Reinstall LR via the CC desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain how you are trying to log in?

You should use the creative cloud desktop app to log into your subscription for any or all of the Adobe CC apps. You can also log into LR mobile through a browser by logging in first at adobe.com.

There is also the issue of trying to sync your desktop catalog with LR mobile. Maybe this is where you are stuck. Only one catalog can be synced to LR mobile. If you have a different catalogs on your Mac and PC, it won't work.

It's not clear from your question exactly what you are trying to log into, and where.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I do have the same issue.

logged in everywhere but since two days i cant sign in for sync mobile from my desktop app. i have a error 4999 or a plain white scree.

i can log in online tru the website but my lightroom on my mac coputer doesnt want to log in anymore. i also had the message that i need to updated apps.

GrimSanto​@

i did try safari ang chrome no result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday evening, I am having either the same or a very similar issue. I'm signed into CC on my iPhone, Mac, and PC. The iPhone and PC are connected to Lightroom Mobile without any issues. When I'm on the Mac and I click "Get started with Lightroom Mobile" in the upper left corner, a box pops up asking me to sign in to continue. After I enter my password and hit enter(correct username was already filled in), the pop up box grays out and that's it. It never signs in. I've made sure my OS, CC, Lightroom, ect. are all up to date and I've rebooted several times. Nothing I've tried seems to fix this issue. I'm guessing that it's some obscure setting somewhere on my Mac that's preventing me from connecting, but I don't have a clue what it could be. Like GrimSanto, it shows that I'm signed in under the Help menu.

Edit: grammar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you signed into your CC account with the CC desktop application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom Bug.jpg

CC is logged in and Lightroom shows it is logged in as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a different catalog currently synced to your LR Mobile. Have you ever used a different catalog? Another thought is that you need some images in this catalog before you can 'Get Started'. I don't know for sure because my catalog was full of images before I synced it to LR Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I trying syncing the same catalog on two different computer and I still have to same issue. I can't log in with my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here ...

adobe ? hello ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

might be of some help to somebody (after long long chat with adobe personnel)

Lightroom CC message 'Upgrade required for Lightroom mobile sync'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue - very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a same issue too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - Adobe this looks like a common issue - any guidance?

Thanks!

Davide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davide, Are you logging in with the Creative Cloud application? Use the Creative Cloud desktop app to manage your apps and services

My version of Lightroom is 15.9. Seems like yours is old. Have you run the latest update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Teresa,

I am logged in into the Connective Cloud. If I click on APPS it tells me that Lightroom 2015 is up to date. I have run the latest update ~1 week ago.

The problem persists. I really need to sync some materials to mobile. Any ideas on how to fix?

Thank you very much,

Davide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I used the online chat with Adobe and they accessed my computer remotely to make the necessary changes. My LR said it was up to date as well but it wasn't. They fixed the issue as I watched. Unfortunately I cannot give specifics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of you have come into this thread and said you have the same problem, but it is still not exactly clear what that problem is. There are several reasons that could be preventing you from logging into Lightroom mobile on your Mac. Double check my bullets.

GrimSanto​ hasn't confirmed whether or not he is trying to sync a different catalog, or more than one catalogs.

olivierrosset​ mentions an error message requesting an app update

• You must be using LR CC, and be logged into your CC account with the CC application.
  • ONLY one catalog can be synced to LR Mobile. You can't have catalog's on separate computers and sync them to the same mobile account.
  • It is very possible that you have synced an older catalog to LR mobile, preventing the current catalog from syncing.
  • Older versions of LR USED to sync with mobile if you had a CC subscription, but this has recently been removed. (according to a good friend of mine who recently had this happen to him)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok to be clear. You can't sync one catalog across 2 computers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GrimSanto​ That is correct. You cannot use Mobile sync to sync catalogs across 2 computers. Your option is to put the catalog on an external drive, and physically move it back in forth. Or you could try dropbox, but I think that is risky.

You can sync images to LR mobile and then edit them with a browser on a second computer, but not the Lightroom application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having an issue signing in on my LR program on the PC. I am logged into LR on my iPhone but when I attempt to login on the PC program it allows me to type in my log in credentials but when I press log in, I get a blank grey screen that never loads. It never tells me that I am logged in or not. I tried putting in the wrong password, it gives me an error message that the password is wrong, so apparently its some sort of timing out issue or loading issue. Help?

I am trying to use my presets that I created on my mobile device, I cannot do this if I cannot log in to sync my devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alcdupree​ Have you ever logged in from your PC? Are you logged into your Creative Cloud subscription using the Creative Cloud desktop app? What version of Lightroom are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa, I am having exactly the same issue as alcdupree.

I have logged in to LR mobile from my PC many times. I have been using it regularly for over a year

I am logged into the CC using the app

I have lightroom cc 5.7.1

Any guidance?

Thanks!

Davide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same issue. I am signed in to CC (I am using one library). I see the below but it will not let me sign in. Please help. Thx.

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 8.52.28 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Biotracker, It is the catalog that matters, not the Library. What message do you get when you try to sign in? Did you log into the Creative Cloud using the CC application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response Theresa. I have not changed anything (same catalog) since it stopped working. I am logged into CC using the CC application (I tried logging out and back in). I am not receiving any error message I click on the "sync with Lightroom mobile" and nothing happens. Thanks again in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines