• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop computer compatibility For InDesign/Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently use InDesign and Photoshop CC for my work, using a 2014 Mac Mini OSx. I will be traveling extensively over the next 6 months, and need to get a laptop to continue my work while on the road. While I would like to get a MacBook Pro, or at least stick with Mac products, I cannot afford the expenditure at the time, and am looking at used PC-based laptops.  Can anyone tell me if either of these two computers would be sufficient to run InDesign and Photoshop (CC)?

Acer Aspire V5 laptop computer, 15.6 HD Touch screen, Windows 8, 500GB HDD, 8 GB RAM,

Or

HP Pavilion Sleekbook laptop computer, model 15-b119wm, 15.6" HD Brightview LED screen, 750 GB HDD, Windows 8. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the hp laptop appears to have a very slow amd cpu, so i would pass on that. i'm not sure what is in the acer laptop. do you have a model number for that or the cpu model?  for hardware spec's i would suggest an intel 4 core cpu with around 12-16gb of ram, and a ssd would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!   I don't have any further information on the Acer off hand, those two laptops were listed near me on GovDeals.com, as "new in the box".. confiscated I'm sure, as they were listed by a law enforcement agency.  I'll pass on them both, and thank you for the recommendation.. it gives me a starting point for what to look for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I was mistaken, there was a number that went with the Acer (E16-02696)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not finding anything for the acer laptop with that number...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's your budget?  It's pretty challenging to get something "good" for PS and ID under $900.

Have you considered going used? 

A 13-inch MacBook Air could work do the trick:

B&H Photo Video

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines