Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom brushes texture extraction

Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found some really awesome custom brushes, and they came with a texture already loaded, however, it's not one I have.

Do you guys know if there is a way to extract the texture from custom brushes, so that the texture can be used elsewhere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

In the Brush panel, click on the word Texture and there is a button that when pressed will save the pattern as a preset.

Window>Brush

Screenshot-(133).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Brush panel, click on the word Texture and there is a button that when pressed will save the pattern as a preset.

Window>Brush

Screenshot-(133).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is precisely it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeff on a slightly related note...I've been trying to find an answer to this....much like the brush mentioned above, if I create a custom brush with a custom made texture included, is that texture included in the actual brush file? What I mean is, if I share the abr brush file with someone else, does the custom texture get included or do I also need to share a pattern file of the texture with them as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The texture gets stored in the brush file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're a gent Jeff. I spend 2 hours with Adobe technical support and they couldn't tell me that...thanks mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines