• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pause action, move layer and continue [2017]

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make an action that stops, allows me to move a layer, and then continue.  Doing a stop will not work and I can't check the box next to the action item.  Whca can I do?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

I have years of experance creating and editint action. What you write is not correct. You can also make an interactive steps where you the user has control  to perform a transform.

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.
Contains

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A stop message should work.  There is no box you want to check.  You want the action to stop so you can move the layer. You move the layer then click Play ant the action continue.  That the way stop works. The action stops in the stop step.  You do what you want to do then click Play and the action continues from the step after the stop step.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That won't work but I did find a workaround. The problem is you can't do anything with moving a layer when the action is paused. The workaround is do a control t or free transform on the layer. Then you can do a pause and move as needed when you complete the transformation including the move it works fine

Bill Tucker

Tucker Creative Photo

[phone removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have years of experance creating and editint action. What you write is not correct. You can also make an interactive steps where you the user has control  to perform a transform.

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.
Contains

Example
Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack​ - Ok, it is possible.  Sounds good.  Now can you tell us how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn on steps dialog  to make a step interactive by checking the steps dialog box you want to make interactive or you add stop messages so the action will stop so you can do steps not in the action then you click play to continue the action.  You can make more than one step interactive and you can have more than one stop message steps.  The is also a stop with continue step where you have an option to stop the action or just continue its play.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue - BIG PROBLEM - and what's labeled as a "correct answer" is absolutely unhelpful. PLEASE someone answer this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue - BIG PROBLEM - and what's labeled as a "correct answer" is absolutely unhelpful. PLEASE someone answer this!

By @paul3.14159

There are 2 options:

(A) One either inserts a stop. Then the user does something. Then they play the action from the stop point...

or

(B) Or one turns on the modal control for an interactive transform step.

Here I move the layer 1 pixel right, without the step modal control being active (this is a means to an end). This step is optional, it is really only there to illustrate the modal control being off, as opposed to on. If one is going to move or otherwise transform the layer, starting off with a 1 pixel move isn't a big deal.

Next, I move it 1 pixel left (so that they layer is back where it started) – with the modal control active to provide an interactive "pause". In effect the action is paused until the transform is completed, then the action will automatically continue playing until it hits another interactive modal,  stop step or the end of the action.

modal.png

EDIT: I created a "null transform" action to start with a 0 position transform in case somebody finds it useful:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0v2bhbyhmec4519cyxtx8/Null-Transform.atn?rlkey=y6fz4qz78lxka4k2nc06ej...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one "turn on a modal control"? I'm trying to move an anchor point during my action to copy rotate a shape, but as soon as I hit enter, the anchor point goes back to the location where it was when I recorded the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The modal control is shown in the screenshot before your post, boxed in red.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I did try putting one of those in, but still can't record a move of the anchor point while in Ctrl-T in an action. As soon as I close Ctrl-T, the anchor point returns to its previous location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modal controls only add interactivity, the recorded parameters are used unless changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what are you refering to, what you mean by: "As soon as I close Ctrl-T, the anchor point returns to its previous location. "

You do not close Free Transform but rather confirm to keep changes. Can you post some screenshot or short video to explain what is actual problem on your side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue - BIG PROBLEM - and what's labeled as a "correct answer" is absolutely unhelpful. 

That does not actually depend on the quality of the post alone, does it? 

Please provide a meaningful description (with screenshots including all pertinent Panels) of what exactly you are trying to achieve and what fails to function. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @paul3.14159

If the answer that was correct in 2017 for this thread does not work for you, then please start a new thread and explain your issue so we can better assist. First go to the Photoshop forum using the breadcrumb at the top left, then click the blue Post button.

janee_0-1702737117372.png

janee_1-1702737226756.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines