• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't open .NEF files from my camera with CS5 extended

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't open .NEF files from my camera..already updated my CS5 extended..also installed adobe dng converter...still having the same issue..what's going on with my very expensive software? paid a lot of money........but what's happening?

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum by a moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Hi

The D610 needs Adobe Camera Raw 8.3.. That in turn needs a minimum of CS6 (which is no longer for sale)

If you can't upgrade to CC then just download the DNG convertor from the third link above, use the convertor to convert your NEF files to DNG. Then Open the DNG file in CS5 with Camera Raw in CS5. The conversion will not affect the Raw image data.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera produced the NEF file?

To open in Photoshop you need to have the specific version of Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) , or a later version that supports your camera.

Adobe Camera Raw

However not all versions of ACR are compatible with older versions of Photoshop.

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

If you need a later version of ACR than will open with CS5 then your choice is to upgrade to CC or to use the latest free DNG convertor. You use this to convert your files then you open the DNGs (not the NEFs) in Photoshop.  You can download the latest DNG convertor here (The "Downloads" links are half way down the page):

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, at last some useful info.

I am using Nikon D610. In my knowledge it released in 2013. Can you direct me which version of ACR would be supported by CS5 that can open the .NEF file created by NIKON D610?

Not want to opt for paying more money, i am student; CS5 is my limit. Hope that make sense.

Thanks once more time your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

The D610 needs Adobe Camera Raw 8.3.. That in turn needs a minimum of CS6 (which is no longer for sale)

If you can't upgrade to CC then just download the DNG convertor from the third link above, use the convertor to convert your NEF files to DNG. Then Open the DNG file in CS5 with Camera Raw in CS5. The conversion will not affect the Raw image data.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines