Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files cannot be found in LR

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have imported photos from my computer into LR so I can edit them. Now I am done editting and want to export these photos. But LR says it cant find the map on the computer where the photos used to be. It shows the original location of where the photos used to be, the map of where I've imported them from into LR. But this is still the same location! The photos are still in this map on my computer. So now I really dont know what to do. Can somebody help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us screen captures of both Lightroom and your operating system so we can see what you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 11.16.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-30 at 11.17.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-30 at 11.18.18 AM.png

Hi, I'm having this same issue. When I go to locate the original file so Lightroom can "see" it, it's gone. Perhaps because the original was on an SD card that I since cleared and re-filled? I can see the image, so I know there has to be some way to save it - these are from a trip we took to the San Juan Islands, and I can't imagine we'll be going back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is clearly not in the location Lightroom thinks it should be in.

I don't understand this:

When I go to locate the original file so Lightroom can "see" it, it's gone.

How are you trying to locate the original file? Tell me the exact step-by-step method you used to try to locate the original file. What do you mean "it's gone"?? Define "gone". Gone from where? Are you seeing that it is "gone" in Lightroom, or in your operating system, or somewhere else?

If the files were somehow on an SD card and imported into LR using ADD, then unless you have a backup, your files have been erased and cannot be recovered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Paige.

Your Finder screen-clip shows you are looking at files ON THE CAMERA CARD.

Do NOT format this card in camera or you will lose your photos.!!

You must have the photos in the HARD-DRIVE location that Lightroom believes them to be.

The images you see in Lightroom are only 'previews', and they all show the 'missing' icon.

ScreenShot150.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines