21 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2017 2:14 PM by Szalam

3d camera tracker stuck initializing

jefbak Level 1

3D camera tracker is throwing up errors and slowness in Initializing. After a few minutes of initializing, I get the message "unable to obtain dynamiclink server connection.

The footage is imported, not dynamically linked to another project so it seems like the wrong message.

Has anyone else encountered and fixed this?

AE 13.5.0.347 (no I have not been able to update 13.5.1 either) on Mac 10.10.5 2013 iMac, 3.5ghz i7, 32gb ram, nvidia gtx 780m 4086mb

• 1. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure that AE is up to date. There was a bug that has been fixed. Update CC then update AE. Let us know if you have further problems with the update.

• 2. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
            jefbak Level 1

I have not been able to install most recent update 13.5.1 despite trying everything I could think of including reinstalls of creative cloud and after effects. I wish Adobe stll had manual update links because I'm pretty much out of luck until I can get my system to receive the update.

very frustrated to say the least at this point between this and the new preview issues:

• 3. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
              jefbak Level 1

Finally located a help topic that should fix update issues here:

CC desktop lists applications as "Up to Date" when not installed

• 4. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
                DelphiDelphin

This error exists still up to this day (July 2016) in After Effects 2015.3 (13.8.0.144)!

Can't 3D-track any footage.

• 5. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
                  alfonsjerr

I having this error right now in April 2017

• 6. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
                    Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are updated to 14.2.0 and still experiencing the problem, transcode the footage into a production codec (that is, something like Cineform, ProRes, DNxHD, or QuickTime with the PNG codec and NOT something like MP4/H.264).

• 7. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
                      edvinr34394268

Make sure you have quicktime installed on your pc

• 8. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
                        ebluBeta Level 1

I am having this problem.

I have the latest AE: v 14.2.1.34

dear Adobe people: THIS IS NOT RELATED TO VERSION. SOMETHING ELSE IS GOING ON. STOP WASTING TIME SUGGESTING UPGRADING. MISSION CRITICAL BUG, HERE.

• 9. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
                          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

did you try Szalam's suggestion?

• 10. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing

ebluBeta  wrote

dear Adobe people:

Just so you know, nobody in this thread works for Adobe. All of us are just volunteers and users like you.

But, yes, did you try my suggestion?

• 11. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
                              ebluBeta Level 1

yes I did try it.

negative impact.

• 12. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing

It's possibly an overly aggressive firewall and/or other security software. The camera tracker uses networking protocols to do its thing (no, I don't know why, but Warp Stabilizer does too).

• 13. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
                                  ebluBeta Level 1

best guess is that It is not connecting to the network device it is required to connect to.

to do an end run around any and all question that might come about in regards to that: there is no firewall or draconian security on my end.

the same setup that existed yesterday when camera tracking worked, has not changed.

in short: my network is not to blame.

• 14. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
                                    ebluBeta Level 1

and... I finally have results.

installed AE CC 2015

ran the camera tracker on the same file.

AE threw 3 errors: need these 3 asian fonts that aren't installed.

I ok ed the installation of those fonts that are not appropriate for anything I will ever do... and the tracker went from non-operational, to working.

this is a stupid bug.

• 15. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing

Oh, it was working just yesterday? That's interesting and relevant information.

I assume you've tried rebooting, is that a correct assumption?

Can you run camera tracking in a brand new project and a brand new composition with one of the shots that was working yesterday?

Windows didn't happen to do any of its unannounced and unasked for updates, did it? I know the recent update they've rolled out with the Creator's edition is messing up some font installs, so I'm sure there are other interesting repercussions that we I haven't heard about yet.

What kind of format and codec is your footage that you're tracking?

How long of a clip are you tracking?

• 16. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
                                        ebluBeta Level 1

windows doesn't ask me anything. this is a mac.

reboot, relaunch, rebuild the file.

new codec, (prores)

old files.

the clip is about a second in length.

a ball was dropped somewhere outside of my system/software...

cc 2017 still doesn't work.

I'm going to move forward with 2015.

• 17. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing

ebluBeta  wrote

windows doesn't ask me anything. this is a mac.

You hadn't specified, so I was guessing. I figured I had a 50/50 shot!

ebluBeta  wrote

a ball was dropped somewhere outside of my system/software...

Not necessarily. If it was working yesterday, but isn't working today, the thing that changed must be in your system or software. The question is what changed? If you didn't update After Effects between it working and not working, the change happened somewhere else. We just have to figure out what it was!

ebluBeta  wrote

I'm going to move forward with 2015.

Or maybe we don't have to figure it out since you have a working solution!

• 18. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
                                            ebluBeta Level 1

quote:

Not necessarily. If it was working yesterday, but isn't working today, the thing that changed must be in your system or software.

not by your reckoning. the camera tracker connects to an outside server for reasons unknown. other plugins work fine. Occam says, it's this server connection that's the issue. you have a 50/50 shot claiming it's my system. the problem is not necessarily tied to my system. It could be a configuration file or a missing file screwing up the connection. Whatever the plugin does when it connects might fail, the connection itself might fail to connect. Any of that could easily be server side.

I have a ton of work to do, i'll come back and figure it out later.

• 19. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing

I'm sorry. I was not clear. Let me clarify a few things.

ebluBeta  wrote

not by your reckoning. the camera tracker connects to an outside server for reasons unknown.

It does NOT communicate with an outside server.

It uses networking protocols to communicate internally with system resources inside your computer. There are no external processes or systems involved.

ebluBeta  wrote

you have a 50/50 shot claiming it's my system.

I had a 50/50 shot at guessing if you were using a Mac or a PC. It is 100% an issue internal to your computer that is causing this problem.

ebluBeta  wrote

Any of that could easily be server side.

As I said earlier, there is no server side. This process is internal to your machine.

Sorry I wasn't clear earlier.

• 20. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing
                                                ebluBeta Level 1

you weren't unclear. you were waffling.

here are your words:

"It's possibly an overly aggressive firewall and/or other security software. The camera tracker uses networking protocols to do its thing (no, I don't know why, but Warp Stabilizer does too)."

I did some research, and I now know what the camera tracker is doing when it's using networking protocols. Why is a different matter. It's trying to connect the the dynamicLink bridging server, for the adobe suite of apps. This thing is, by the accounts I have read, Not ready for prime time. I don't even have premiere installed. There's no reason for the server to be running. But it's there, and running, it just does not respond to the app. The CC2015 server Does respond. so that puts to bed any consideration that there's something wrong/different with my system. Apparently THIS happens a lot, since CS6. and has never been addressed.

there's no reason for a plugin to reach out to the dynamicLink server.

and as a reminder: I only installed 2015 AFTER 2017 failed to work. so 2015 wasn't fighting with 2017 in any way.

• 21. Re: 3d camera tracker stuck initializing

ebluBeta  wrote

you weren't unclear. you were waffling.

I'm sorry I came across as waffling. I've seen several causes of this problem related to both firewalls and anti-malware software, so I didn't know what specifically to point you towards. (Remember, I didn't even know you were on a Mac at that point.) This issue has had a lot of different causes over the years/versions, so I was just trying to point you towards an area where the solution is frequently located.

ebluBeta  wrote

and as a reminder: I only installed 2015 AFTER 2017 failed to work. so 2015 wasn't fighting with 2017 in any way.

Yes. CC 2015 and CC 2017 can be installed alongside each other without causing issue. You can also install CC 2015.3 (which was a separate install - basically CC 2016 by a different name), CC 2014, CC, and CS6 and none of them will interfere with each other. It's actually pretty impressive considering all the other issues that AE has sometimes.

ebluBeta  wrote

The CC2015 server Does respond. so that puts to bed any consideration that there's something wrong/different with my system.

I respectfully disagree. If it was working and then it stopped working the very next day, something changed somewhere. Since this process is only relying on things inside your machine, something in your machine has changed. Now, it could be some weird bug in AE or in the dynamic link service. If it is a bug, it might not have been caused by anything you did, but something certainly trigged it.

As you mentioned, CC 2015 uses its own, separate, service. So, whatever affected the CC 2017 release wouldn't necessarily affect the CC 2015 release and it (obviously) doesn't seem to be affecting it (yet).

Again, if you're using CC 2015 and it's working for you, it's not a big deal. I'm just naturally curious and like to try to find solutions to problems. When you have time (and if you are curious enough to care), you could contact Adobe about it. Their support teams are often pretty decent with weird technical things like this. Go to Adobe.com/support and click on the Creative Cloud icon. Even if it gives you an AE icon on the first screen, click on Creative Cloud) and then follow the rest of the steps to get connected. (It's an issue a number of us have complained about. Adobe has said they'll be fixing this page soon.)

0dontdead.jpg